Monday, August 3, 2009

First Finished Quilts!

Flossyblossy stippled this lovely quilt. She said "Finished and is ready to go in the post. I know it's quick but I've been unwell all week so have had plenty of time parked on the sofa, stitching.I forgot to measure it accurately after it was finished but think it's about 18" x 20".

One of our swap mama's is leading the way with her quilt all finished! Millie Quilts is holding up this stunner!


Mamacjt has made two quilts in one! She says, "Finally I made a quilt that I think my swap partner might like. (A little sophisticated, a little funky and done with the colors she requested.) If she doesn't like this side though, she can turn it over because I made it reversible just for her!!"

Look at this beauty! Simply This and That has finished her quilt and titled it Summer Cherries. She says "There's a little bit of everything in this quilt. I love cherries, I love wonky log cabins and wonky stripes. I also love polka dot. I put some of my favorite kinds of fabric in it, a vintage piece which I love, and some batiks for my partner". More details and stunning photos over at her blog here.

10 comments:

  1. My goodness, those are all so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really nice idea, to have a blog for the doll quilt swap. It's nice to be inspired by all this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all beautiful! I would be thrilled to receive any one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i guess i better get started!!! they are so cute.. especially the cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like having the blog! And these quilts are just wonderful. What a great swap!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all these quilts! Some members are so quite productive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i will take any of those!!! love love love them! i can see how these can become addicting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful finished dollquilts #7 ,
    i,me follow you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so happy to have discovered this blog~!!~and love seeing what is being done. they are all just amazing but the string quilt and the cherry quilt are my faves so far . . .
    i've watched others "play" at this for quite some time and am so very anxious to be able to join in . . . maybe swap #8 . . .

    :)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was sooo shocked when i open the link and there was mine!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete